Are you part of an official student organization of the university? This includes all recognized clubs, organizations, learning communities, associations, etc.

Iowa State University’s student and campus organizations may use the university’s name and marks consistent with their recognized status with the university as set by the Student Organization Recognition Policy (SORP).

You should also read Guidelines for University Trademark Use by Student and Campus Organizations as well as Frequently Asked Questions on the Trademark Office website.

For questions on the SORP and your organization’s recognized status, contact the Student Activities Center at 515 294-8081 or
For questions on student organization trademark use, contact the Trademark Office at 515 294-4402 or